The guys at ajaxian.com have new interesting post describing the new features in the last Firefox Alpha 5 release. Check it out here:
Firefox 3 is to support SQLite for offline storage. The new alpha release tells us this and a lot more (below).
The world of the RDBMS has come to the browser, and has jumped from server to client in the Web platform.
- Bookmarks portion of Places has been enabled
- New crash reporting system, Breakpad. It’s
enabled by default on Mac OS X, on about 50% of Windows installations, and not yet available on Linux.
You can also view crash reports at this site.
- Support for Growl notification under Mac OS X
- Support for native controls on Mac OS X
- Miscellaneous Gecko 1.9 bug fixes